Yesterday a small group of us gathered at the Muirton RCCF in gorgeous Manchioneal, Portland to take part in a ceremony of gigantic proportions –
The Wall of Love.
In this second installment of the therapeutic exercise, boys (and staff!) destroyed the old hateful words that had encumbered them and together created a monument to loving words that build, not destroy. See below for some pictorial highlights and look out for more on social media.
I want to thank all who participated, including:
– the Muirton Boys, who were on their best behaviour :-);
– Mrs. Walker, and the team at Muirton, who worked tirelessly on the ground to make this day happen
– those CPFSA regional team members who traveled from across the 3 parishes to join the celebration and who helped in various ways to make it happen, including Actg Regional Director, Mrs. Corrodus, Team Leader, Mrs. Hood, Children’s Officer, Ms. Wallace, Monitoring officer, Mrs Roache-Campbell;
– the FMAS team, who worked with us (and will continue to work with us :-)) to make the funding possible;
– Ms. Dixon, PR officer, who arranged for media coverage (look for the Wall of Love in the media soon!);
– and last, but not least, members of the Psychology Unit – those who trekked from the far-flung corners of the island to execute this event, (Mrs. Feare-Sterling, Ms Smith, Ms Tomlinson), and those who worked on the project even though they couldn’t be there (Ms Mcpherson) and Mr. Crooks, MMHU driver.
Special thanks to Team Leader Ms Forbes whose continual support was invaluable in moving this event from conception to completion.
Let me also pause to say thanks to the team at the Portland office (including Miss Barton and Miss Wallace) who went beyond the call of duty to assist with this occasion.
And to anyone else whom I haven’t mentioned specifically – Thank you for your help!
THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!